- Testing & Validation
Dinex Test Center has a fully equipped machine shop for fast prototyping and test samples, With a close connection to our simulation team for fast proof on the concept and full-scale test samples. Test samples are quality checked and fully equipped with instruments, before delivery to our test engineering team for Dyno setup.
Component, tooling and/or fixture design
For measurement of emissions, the Dinex Test Center has equipment from industry experts like HORIBA, AVL, TSI, ROWACO & DEKATI which are complying with current emission regulations. For gaseous emissions, Dinex has equipment that can online measure both the regulated and non-regulated pollutants in the exhaust gas (CO, THC, CH4, NO, NO2, NOx, SO2, SOx, N2O, NH3, O2, CO2, etc) continuously and simultaneously using homologation bench (MEXA series) and Fourier transformation infrared spectroscopy (AVL Sesam FTIT i60). Multiple types of equipment make it possible to measure several positions in the exhaust systems simultaneously.
For measurement of particulate emissions, Dinex uses a TSI 3790 EECPC for Particulate Number (according to the PMP protocol) and a TSI 3090 EEPS (transient SMPS) for Particulate Size Distribution. Dinex also uses the Dekati particle sensor & Pegasor sensor for particle number measurement for some projects, all equipment complying with the current emission regulations.
The Dinex Test Center has the following dynamometers to execute various steady state and transient test applications.
Tests that can be carried out on the engine dynamometer (but not limited to):
- Back pressure test
- Catramp (DOC)
- Filtration efficiency (DPF)
- Balance point temperature (DPF)
- Deposit test (Mixer)
- NH3 uniformity test (Mixer)
- Max efficiency test (SCR)
The Dinex Test Center has a reverberation chamber (sound chamber) with a volume of 920 m3 and an area of 156 m2 The chamber is located next to the engine room with the two engine dynos, from where the exhaust gas can be led into the sound chamber through the wall.
The sound chamber consists of
- Separate foundation and 250 mm concrete walls and ceiling for minimum vibration transmission.
- Opposite walls are 9 degrees inclined for optimal sound field distribution.
- Nanopainted walls for easy cleaning.
- Ventilation and flushing channel for optimal air temperature and minimum air pollution.
- Double doors with no doorstep and w x h = 2.5 m x 3.0 m for entering large objects.
- Volume: 920 m3
- Area: 156 m2.
- Total surface area: 575 m2.
The following are installed in the sound chamber
- Movable Ø6.57 m microphone array holding 6 ½” microphones from Brüel & Kjær (B&K), type 4188Near-field microphone from B&K (½”, type 4188) on microphone stand.
- Two outlets pr. engine test stand and one exhaust chimney for bypassing or cross-passing the sound chamber.
- Others: 230 V / 380 V, pressured air, water.
The Dinex Test Center has a flow rig that consists of 6 loudspeakers and 6 microphones (3 on each side of the test object), where a test object is placed in the center and connected to the Ø4” pipes.
Through the flow rig, the inlet side of the test object is connected to a centrifugal fan that makes it possible to perform tests with a mean flow.
The Flow rig consists of:
- An amplifier from Lab. Gruppen, type iP 900
6 ¼” Brüel & Kjær (B&K) microphones, type 4954-B, + deltatron amp.
6 special made loudspeakers from KTH.
A special made calibrator from KTH.
The measurement system is a 6 + 1 channel B&K Pulse system, which consists of:
- B&K Acquisition Front-end type 3560-C
- B&K Pulse software v. 12.5
- B&K calibrator, type 4231
Tests that can be carried out on the flow rig:
- Transmission Loss test (primary)
- Flow velocity test
- Back pressure test
Own designed hot gas wind tunnel
Dinex and the University of Southern Denmark (SDU) is executing a project to develop EU VII concepts, new mixers, and contribute to more data on AdBlue sprays, the formation of deposits, dosing strategies, materials, and much more. To aid in the detailed validation work of these technologies, Dinex has, with support from SDU, designed & manufactured a wind tunnel.
The wind tunnel, located in the test center in Denmark, can produce temperatures up to 400 deg C under extremely controlled conditions needed to make the detailed laser-based Phase Doppler Anemometry (PDA) measurements in the glass section.
Vibration test equipment
The Dinex Test Center has an ETS electrodynamic shaker and a heater system to perform hot shake vibration tests.
Tests that can be carried out on the shaker (but not limited to):
- Sine sweep tests
- Random vibration tests
- Shock tests
- Sine on random tests
- Sine on sine tests
The shaker unit has the following specifications: